Inspired by the lovely Life on Planet T blog I have decided to try join in the Pick a Positive or Two linky. I haven’t really done one of these before so the timing isn’t great in terms of when I like to post, and at first I thought it was something I wouldn’t be able to manage this week, but when I narrowed myself down to one thing to think about it was a bit easier!
This week I am focusing on my imminent return to work, it terrifies me on many levels, but on the positive side:
- I will finally have some baby free time;
- I am really looking forward to having a reason to get dressed and showered in a morning even if I do have to get up an hour earlier than I used to;
- I think it will do our relationship a lot of good to have some separation, living and “working” at home together for 14 months hasn’t done our relationship any favours;
- I am looking forward to chatting to adults regularly, about non-baby things, like work and stress;
- I will feel like I am getting some of my old self back;
- Our son will get to spend lots of time with his dad;
- I will be able to focus on “quality time” rather than dealing with all the boring bits;
- I will be earning money, something we have missed over the past six months!
- My job is relatively stable and secure;
- I actually have the benefit of doing a job that I enjoy.