- We have a wonderful new bedroom suite…ok so it doesn’t quite fit as well as we hoped but it’s going to be fab once we’re settled into it. It’s the first furniture we’ve had that isn’t flat pack, and having lived with second hand furniture and a glued together bed for a number of years it’s a huge achievement;
- All our walls are built – this has actually been the case for over six months, but I’m still pleased about it;
- Our house appears to be watertight (from the outside in…not yet from the inside in…);
- We are finally starting to see things coming together and now I’m back at work we’ve been able to buy nice new things to go in our house (see point 1, above);
- There is a good chance that the electricians may come and finish our electrics in the next week or so;
- Ditto plasterer;
- We’re very very lucky, we live in a 5 bedroom house, and our belongings fill it;
- Whatever you think about the
grey and dismalarea I live in our home is less than 5 minutes walk from the tube and less than 45 minutes directly to work;
- I love being able to pop out to the 3 local market stalls and buy our fruit and veg every day;
- We live near 2 of the best Turkish restaurants in London (important when you’re married to the Turk).
Counting our many blessings, particularly knowing how many are living in appalling conditions both at home and abroad.